The Government’s Renewable Energy Strategy outlines plans to reduce carbon emissions by sourcing 15% of all energy from renewable sources by 2020 and provides incentives to invest in renewable electricity, heat and transport fuel.
Farmers and land owners have been quick to adopt these new technologies. CLM’s experience in this sector is constantly growing as the renewable energy industry expands.
To date we have been involved with:
- Negotiating leases for large scale ground mount solar installations
- Managing the installation of roof mounted solar arrays
- Arranging feed stock supply contracts to Anaerobic Digestion plants
- Identifying and assessing suitable sites for large scale biomass gasifiers
- Obtaining planning permission for and project managing the installation of a biomass boiler to provide a district heating and hot water system to a large country house and seven cottages
- Securing grant funding towards chippers and woodland harvesting equipment
The renewable energy sector continues to evolve as it adapts to changing Government policy. CLM has a wide involvement in the renewables sector which will play an increasingly significant role in the future use of land.